"Founded in 1833, St Malachy’s College is a Catholic Grammar School for boys.
We take great pride in the history of the College which was opened on St. Malachy’s Day - 3 November 1833. The College began with eight boarders and ten day pupils. Today, the population has grown to over 1000 pupils. The pupils, with the coat of arms of the Diocese of Down and Connor on their school badge, remain loyal to the rich tradition of the College.
The Catholic Christian ethos of the College is reflected in the school motto: Gloria ab Intus. This reminds us all of the importance of "Glory from within" and we, through our work, endeavour to honour Bishop Crolly and the founders of the College."